Saturday 24 October 2020

Tiny victories and a major discovery

Tiny victories have to be celebrated whenever life flings them your way. Today's unexpected win against the odds was this purchase from Tiger. Four packs of 3 winter-time trees for just one pound Sterling. I could have cleared out their stock but in these difficult times one must avoid hoarding.

Pen gives some idea of scale. These would probably do for figures up to 15mm and maybe even 20mm if you like stylised terrain.

And they come with free wooden clothes pegs so [insert sexist punchline here].

Then on the way back to the car park I found out where It is kept. I'd always imagined it to be in the Philippines. But here it is, by a dark passageway in a 'shopping mall' in a London suburb.



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What I'd really like to find are some winter deciduous trees. With or without pegs. But no one seems to associate them with Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant. Next time that someone 'breaks the internet' you know where to go to have it fixed!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking tiny trees,is the entrance like in Mr Ben's trippy doorway into an alternative world? Or didn't you dare enter?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was with one of my 14 year old offspring so I thought it best not to take a peak.

      Besides that passageway looked scary. I think it might be the Dark Web.

      Delete
  4. My first ever visit to Ipswich yesterday - and chanced upon a branch of Flying Tiger. But eager gamers had clearly got there first.. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Trees but why are they on pegs? Do people really need to camouflage their washing lines?

    ReplyDelete