Thursday 9 November 2023

Virtual book launch - siege of Pensacola 1781

Helion are holding a virtual book launch on 16th Nov, for a new tome on the siege of Pensacola in Florida.

https://www.helion.co.uk/book-launches.php

It’s probably fair to say this is a lesser known campaign in the American War of Independence. I wonder how many of you have Spanish troops for this period?

Even if you have no intention of buying the book, these launches are interesting in themselves, having listened in on a couple of AWI ones and one in the current war in Ukraine. (Warning, I did end up buying the two AWI books, though not immediately). The danger is with this one, you might end up buying a new army as well as the book.



8 comments:

  1. Just looked at the Helion website, and I don't know how they do it, the list of 'upcoming' books is huge. Several more on the 18th Century, of course.. Thanks for the reminder that I should get on their mailing list and keep an eye on these launches - they could be good fun, if rather too tempting to spend money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a tremendous range. You’re right. It takes a lot of self-discipline to avoid ordering more books.
      Chris

      Delete
    2. It is the postage cost to the USA that stops me from ordering more books...

      Delete
    3. Often when we Google books to buy I see some very well priced books in the US, and then look at the eye-watering cost of postage.
      Chris

      Delete
  2. It's very impressive how big their range is although I do find them a bit hit or miss?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Never mind the quality….which funnily enough is my approach to painting.
      Chris

      Delete
  3. I was vaguely aware of the Spanish involvement in the AWI - although I am not tempted to add then to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go-oooooon! The grenadiers have those fancy flame bags.
      Chris

      Delete