Saturday 4 November 2023

New buildings etc

It’s been a while since I dabbled any paint on models and I “needed” some more American style buildings for my AWI games. Leven is my go to supplier of buildings. A little small for 10mm, but one scale down is good and they’re perfect for 6mm. Not that I have any 6mm American figures, but I also ‘padded out’ the order with some half-timbered buildings which are suitable for ECW and are passable for Germany. As I was at it, I got some garden walls, also useful for ECW.

Hopefully I’ll get some time in over the next few days so they’re table ready by next weekend. Seeing them undercoated black makes me think they would look good as they are for a night battle.

Undercoating done ready for the first layer. In the foreground are an Irregular Miniatures market scene and a couple of IM bases of 18th C civilians.

The US models are really for the ACW but they’ll look OK for the previous century.


8 comments:

  1. Depending upon the ground scale, one size down works well for me too. And, one can never have too many buildings...or fences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might even need more. 😁
      Chris

      Delete
  2. Nice looking little models Chris and that's another advantage about these smaller scales, the buildings and scenery don't cost an arm and a leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. That little lot cost £35.
      Chris

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...given the size they are, that is actually more than I was expecting!

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking buildings, even in undercoat, after a previous post I was drawn into a search for Ham House in 10mm, didn't get anywhere but a pleasant waste of time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished articles. Buildings one scale down tends to be my default unless one to one scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you making a start on some painting Chris. I too use Leven Miniatures for my buildings and the AWI ones work a treat with my 10mm figures. Pretty much all of my buildings now are a step down from 10mm and once on the table, they look fine to me.

    ReplyDelete