Sunday 3 May 2020

Progress on the Lead Pile...but it grows

Finally the Soviets and Finns started at Easter have been completed following a quick forage for twigs.

The evil occupiers/liberators of Eastern Karelia


The liberators/evil occupiers of Eastern Karelia. You can clearly see the differences in size of the different makes here.

The whole lot. Enough for a decent game.

I still have quite a lot to do on the list which I posted a while ago. Since the original posting the list has grown and despite ticking off a number of items I have more work outstanding than I had two weeks ago. The biggest task is number 7, but I can't see anything being done on that for a good while yet as I want to get more games in first. After all gaming is what it's all for. 
  1. Finish ECW 'clubmen'.Complete
  2. Texture ECW casualty marker bases. Complete
  3. Finish ECW musketeers. Probably at least a regiment's worth. Maybe have as firelocks? Complete
  4. Finish ECW command figures. A few to paint and texture bases. Complete except for His Maj and Warty Nose to paint.
  5. Finish ECW odds and sods, e.g. limbers and gun crews. Limbers and horse teams done. 
  6. Paint bridges. Complete
  7. Finish AWI. Quite a few Brits done but no Yanks. Brits need cleaning up too.
  8. WWII Finns and Russians (10mm) - lots of infantry and AFVs. Completed infantry
  9. Touch up and base 6mm siege train, pontoons and transport. 
  10. Paint and base Baccus 6mm cattle/bullocks
  11. Base Leven hedges so they don't keep falling over. 
  12. Finish 6mm gabions. Complete.
  13. Paint and texture bastions (3mm scale).
  14. Paint and base new ECW horse, foot and mounted officers. Complete
  15. Paint and base ECW petardiers and labourers.
  16. Paint Leven town walls.
I'd love to get some AWI action on the table but before that I have a FaceTime game on Friday (a Napoleonic scenario) and a playtest of IDV to do.

Due to all of the above I have decided to put on hold any thought of doing an 18th century Dutch army. There's just too much to do - I'd need to build a French army at the same time. That has got some attraction (especially as it'll give Old Fritz AND the Queen of Hungary another opponent). But it's just too much to take on right now.

6 comments:

  1. Very nicely based units.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making very good progress! As Peter says, "very nicely based." I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonathan, another comment from you arrived in my in box. I tried to publish it but nothing happened. I got a message to say that it no longer exists. Apologies if I’ve inadvertently deleted it. Please do send it again if you wish.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I love the forest basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I probably spent as much if not more time on the bases than on the figures. Which when you look closely at the figures won’t come as a surprise.

    ReplyDelete