Sunday 13 March 2022

Polka time

I know how certain Wales based readers of this blog like nothing better than a polka. Here’s one in a slightly slower tempo for JBM (for it is he) with lyrics to sing along to if the Current Mrs JBM does not fancy dancing around the table. 

I think this is the song that set me off on this whole obscure Nordic music pursuit. A dozen or so years ago our Finnish language tutor took delight in making the adult class learn songs to sing in front of the assembled parents of the children at the local Saturday morning Finnish school, at Christmas, Easter and ‘midsummer’. Nothing as complicated, or as with it, as this one I should add. For a bit of homework I was looking on YouTube for whatever dirge teach had us learn and came across the following in the sidebar.

https://youtu.be/cz-1cBfOCc4

No comments:

Post a Comment