Saturday 20 June 2020

It's coming. The Decider.

The fifth in the Lockdown Liverpool v London series is on tomorrow. I started out with the intention of just playing the role of gamesmaster but my son decided the games were competitive after .....

The game will be a historical battle from the Seven Years War. Here is a clue as to which one it is. Kudos if you can make it out from my layout and photo.

Prussians to left and top right, Austrians down the centre. The board is approximately 6 feet by 4 for this one.

Prussians bottom right and top left, Austrians across the centre. The bastion (which needs painting) is purely to represent the town and will have no effect on the game.


Rules will be the simplified version of my house rules Bellona et Fortuna. The young man will be playing the unscrupulous Fritz and I'll be that wise reformer of armies Feldmarshall Count Leopold Josef Daun, Prince of Thiano. Kick off will be around 2pm.

Victoria!

2 comments:

  1. I will put my vote in for Torgau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right Jonathan. Undisputed champion of this little quiz.

      Delete