Monday 22 June 2020

AWI Uniforms

This is a plea for help. I'm planning to paint up my Pendraken AWI figures and get some on the table in the not too distant future. I've always fancied giving Loose Files and American Scramble a go.  I need to find a good uniform (ideally one showing all participants*). Either a book or website(s). Could anyone make any recommendations?

I'm not a particular button counter, but looking for something reasonably authentic. I'm more interested in the campaign look than regulation uniforms like the 1768 Warrant.

* or at least Brits, Continentals, Germans, any uniformed auxiliaries


Late edit: after the original post was made I had two kind offers of help getting books. First Jonathan (see his comment below) and then Iain (Caveadsum1471) got in touch to say he also has a relevant book which he could post to me.

I should also mention that M.Foy has also in the past generously posted copies of Funcken 18th century volumes and some 6mm Napoleonics figures he wasn’t using.

Gentlemen of the Wargaming Blogosphere, I salute you. (Imagine me removing my cocked hat with a flourish and bowing gracefully).

8 comments:

  1. I like the Mollo and McGregor book. It is very inexpensive in the USA. I could grab a copy and ship it out to you.

    For websites, try:
    http://www.srcalifornia.com/nav2.htm
    http://home.ica.net/~claus/PAGE2.HTM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jonathan. That’s a very kind offer. I managed to find a cheap copy of Mollo in the UK.

      Have you ever read the Digby Smith book?

      Delete
    2. I don't have Digby's AWI book but have his 19th Century uniform book and it is very good.

      Delete
  2. I like the Mollo book, I've got it, Steve's painting shed is a good AWI blog( he does do other stuff but he did the black powder AWI supplement so a lot of AWI!)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. Ordered Mollo last night. I’ll look up Steve’s site.

      Delete
  3. The Black Powder supplement for AWI is one of their best. Crammed full of uniform information. I don't play BP but this supplement is excellent value - and I use 10mm 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Cheers Graham. Would never of thought of getting just the supplement.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete