Monday 13 January 2020

Delay in the war

We regret to announce a delay in the prosecution of the war, namely the Battle of Kunersdorf originally scheduled for Sunday. This was due to an oversight on my behalf. Specifically an oversight of the fact I would want a long lie in on Sunday.

My excuse, if you want one, is I hadn't finished the gabions I was preparing last week due to a few later work calls than expected. In reality I could have fitted it all in.

The gabions are now finished, as you can see below. I did tinker with an idea I had for making abattis but it didn't work out - it looked more like chevaux de frises. I'll crack on with the game next weekend.





7 comments:

  1. I’m in no hurry. Your gabions turned out well. As an aside, did you know spellcheck changes a slightly misspelled “gabions” to “baboons.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You caused a slight panic there. I had to check I’d spelt it correctly 😄.

      Hope the leg is not giving you touch much pain.

      Delete
    2. Ha. It was in my typing a reply that the baboon substitution was made. Not too much pain at present.

      Delete
  2. Your scratch built defences look very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. They’re good enough.

      It struck me that these dowels would also make half decent ancient Greek pillars.

      Delete
  3. Gabbions have come out really well! Excellent work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. They might not get used this weekend as expected due to an outbreak of Real Life, but I’m determined to get them on the table very soon.
      Chris

      Delete